Interview: Frankie Seely
Home Town: Malibu
Star Sign: Aquarius
1. What brought you to surfing?
When I was little I wanted to be like my dad, I was a daddy's girl . He would always go surfing around 5:30 AM before work and I wanted to be apart of that.
2. How has surfing changed your life?
Surfing has opened doors in so many ways. I have accomplished things that I thought were impossible and I have met so many amazing friends over the years through surfing. It has been an amazing adventure and I hope that it is just the beginning.
3. What are your other forms of expression?
I'm studying at UCSD exploring different mediums in art, film, and design. I'm also experimenting with writing.
4. How do the two inspire each other?
All of these passions inspire each other by using the creative side of the mind and looking at the world in a new perspective.
5. A quote or mantra to live by:
“Well behaved women rarely make history.”- Eleanor Rosevelt.
6. A lesson you've learned from surfing that has affected the rest of your life:
A lesson I have learned in surfing is that every time you go out, even if its a bad session, you learn something. I have kept that as a motto for my life. Every time you try something new, even if it wasn't the best, you learn something.
7. What is a sneaky beach snack you eat to fuel up in between sessions?
My surf snack before I surf is a kale, banana, protein, chia, peanut butter, and almond milk smoothie. My beach snack in between sessions would be a tuna melt, banana, and coconut water.